During the Faculty Research Forum, three medals are awarded to the authors of the best scientific articles published in a scientific journal. The requirements are as follows:
- Journals must use peer review;
- The participant must be the first author;
- The first author an affiliation with the University;
- The article presented must have an affiliation with the University and give recognition to the University, regardless of where the research was done;
- Articles between January and December of the previous year that have already appeared in print may be presented for evaluation; and
- Articles published in a reputable online publication will also be accepted for entry for the medals.
The John van der Riet medal is awarded in the clinical disciplines, the Muller Potgieter medal in the laboratory disciplines and the Kerneels Nel medal ?in the educational disciplines. The closing date is Friday 22 April 2016.
Please send a PDF copy of the article to Lizelle de Reuck (firstname.lastname@example.org) and clearly indicate the category.